WITH NEARBY, WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY, AND WE BELIEVE IN BEING TRANSPARENT ABOUT WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT IN OUR SERVICE.
- Information we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- How we share the information we collect
- Accessing and modifying your information
- Your preferences
- International users
- Our policy towards children
- How we protect your information
- Changes to this policy
- How you can contact us
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In order to provide you with our Services, we collect certain information from you when you register and interact with our Services. The information we gather falls into two categories: information you actively provide (for instance when you create an account), and information we collect through your use of our Services.
Information You Provide
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register for an account, we will ask for your name, email address, a password, and a telephone number. You may also provide additional information for your digital business card such as a profile picture, title, company, phone number, e-mail and links to social networks you use.
Information We Receive From Your Use of Our Services.
- Usage Information. We also collect certain information when you use our Services, including: (1) information about your interaction with the Services, including the actions you take on the Services and your interaction with other users, third party applications, and advertisements; and (2) device information, such as unique device identifiers, wireless service provider or mobile carrier, operating system information, IP address, browser type and language.
- Location Information. We will collect location information if you provide it to us or based on, for example, your telephone’s GPS coordinates, unless you configure your operating system settings to prevent our collection of location information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We may also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our Services, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our Services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use this information for the purposes described below:
- To provide our Services or information you request;
- To personalize, improve, and promote our Services, such as providing content or features that match your profile or interests (including ads), and to monitor and analyze usage and trends;
- To help you to find and connect with your friends, including inviting them to use our Services, and to help your friends find you;
- To communicate with you through email or messages, notices posted on our Services, and other means available through the Services, including mobile text messages and push notifications. Examples of these messages include: (1) welcome and engagement messages; (2) a text message to enable you to verify your telephone number; (3) service-related messages such as notifications, confirmations, updates, and security alerts; and (4) promotional messages. We will also communicate with you to provide customer service; and
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE?
We will not share the information we have collected from you except as described below:
Sharing With Other Users
- In Nearby you create your own profile that is your digital business card. Your information is shared in an e-mail with included vCard to whoever you choose to send it to. It is impossible for anyone except the ones you choose to see your information.
- Third Party Applications. We don't share anything to third party applications.
Service Providers and Other Third Parties.
We are using the FullContact API to lookup the e-mail addresses you search for when using the Service, however we never share any of your information with service providers and other third parties.
Other Sharing. We will share your information:
- When you give us your consent to do so;
- With our corporate affiliates;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access and modify certain profile information or delete content you have posted through our Services. You can either temporarily disable or permanently delete your account through our Support.
If you disable your account, we log you out of your account and cease sending you push notifications, but we will save your information in case you later decide to reactivate your account.
If you delete your account, we will permanently delete your account information and moments and we will delete your messages according to our regular retention schedule. Please note that we will continue to store certain information for analytics purposes, but that information will not include your personal information such as name, email address, or telephone number. We will also retain any information as required by law.
Our settings may also allow you to adjust your communications preferences. If you do not wish to receive promotional email messages from us, you may opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. If you opt out, you will still receive non-promotional emails from us about your account and our Services.
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Our Services are not directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will delete such information.
WHAT STEPS DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Effective Date: June 1, 2018